Wrongful Death Attorney Serving Throughout Idaho
Losing a loved one unexpectedly is one of life’s greatest tragedies. Compounding the sorrow experienced by those losing a family member in an accident or due to the negligence of an individual or corporation is the financial loss that the family may suffer. Your family may be struggling to afford not only the funeral and burial costs, but also struggling to make ends meet after losing the family’s breadwinner. Victims of wrongful death and their families have a right to compensation for these injuries, and the Boise attorneys at Pedersen Whitehead & Hanby will fight to the end to get you the compensation you need and deserve after the death of a family member. Serving the Boise and Twin Falls areas and all of Idaho, our compassionate and trial-ready attorneys are available to provide a free consultation to those facing legal action on a claim for wrongful death.
Our law firm handles wrongful death claims arising from many types of accident or negligence, including:
- Car accidents and motorcycle accidents
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Big rig and semi-truck accidents
- Negligently-manufactured or defectively designed products
- Workplace accidents and unsafe job site conditions
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous drugs
- Defective medical devices
- Defective tires
How do Idaho wrongful death claims work?
Wrongful death claims are designed to be the personal injury claim that the deceased person would have been able to bring, had they not been killed; it is a way to recover the money to which the victim was entitled for the at-fault party’s negligent behavior. Wrongful death claims are filed either by someone appointed as a personal representative of the deceased person’s estate, their heir, or a family member whom the deceased person supported financially.
Wrongful death claims allow families to be compensated for economic, as well as non-economic, costs of losing a loved one. These lawsuits allow claims for:
- Medical expenses from the injuries or illness that proved fatal to the deceased person
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The lost financial support that the deceased person provided to those who relied on them
- The value of the help that the deceased person provided around the house, such as child care or home improvement
- Loss of the care, comfort and society that the deceased person provided to their close family members
Call Pedersen Whitehead & Hanby for Help with Idaho Wrongful Death Claims
Moving on after a loved one has died can be painful, and even more so when that loved one would still be living were it not for negligent or reckless behavior committed by another person or a corporation. If you have lost a loved one and believe you may have a claim for wrongful death, contact the skilled and effective Idaho personal injury and wrongful death attorneys at Pedersen Whitehead & Hanby for a free consultation on your claims, in Twin Falls at 208-734-2552, or in Boise at 208-336-2552.